A Few Terms & Conditions
There’s no impossibly fine print here! Just some basic terms and conditions to ensure we have a clear understanding. If you have any questions, please get in touch.
- The quote I provide to you is valid for 14 days from its issue date.
- If required to, I’ll happily sign any confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement. However, upon me doing so, you agree to indemnify me for any claim for compensation or damages as a result of accidental disclosure or loss of information.
- I may require a non-refundable deposit of 50% of the total amount quoted before work can begin. This amount will be deducted from your final invoice upon completion.
- All quotes include:
– Two rounds of revisions at no extra charge.
– Proofreading at no extra charge, for the first draft and two included revisions.
- Any additional revisions or proofreading will incur additional charges.
- The client has a maximum of 14 days to respond with revisions from submission of first draft, after which time the project will be closed.
- Any amendments made after the third or final draft, or after 60 days from delivery of first draft, may incur additional charges.
- I do my absolute best to ensure you’re happy with your content, including two revisions from the first draft. However, if you are not entirely happy with the work after two revisions and clear confirmation of your requirements, the contract between us will be cancelled and no payment will be due. This will exclude any deposit that has been paid at the outset.
- In such a circumstance, I imply no liability, or admission of failure or inability to complete a contract, on my part. I will retain the copyright for the content I have written and this shall not be used by you or any third party. If any part of the submitted work is used, the agreed fee will become payable in full.
- You also agree that I will not be held responsible for any loss of income, or for any cost or damages, suffered by you or by any third party as a consequence of any delay.
Changes in Scope
- Any modifications to the original project brief during the course of execution will render the provided quotation invalid, and additional fees/charges may be applied to cover time and expenses. Should the parameters of the project change, I reserve the right to increase my costs to take into account any extra time needed. I will notify you of any changes in price.
- The new quote will need to be approved and revised deposit paid before work can restart.
- If I have not received any comments within 5 working days upon submission of the first, second or final draft, I will assume that you have accepted the work.
- The final invoice will be issued electronically 14 days after the first full draft is sent to you or when final sign off is given (whichever occurs first).
- Payment terms are 14 days from the date on your invoice. Payments can be made by bank transfer or by another means agreed to by you and I.
- I reserve the right to charge interest on overdue accounts at a rate of 10% for the first 21 days overdue, and 20% thereafter.
- You agree to pay me any expenses incurred in collecting your outstanding debts due to me.
- You may terminate the job at any time. If you do terminate the job, I will invoice for the total stage in progress at the minimum estimated fee.
- I will not be responsible for any delivery delay if the delay or failure to supply is caused by matters beyond reasonable control including power failure or equipment failure.
- I will not be responsible for any computer viruses that may occur as a result of our communications.
- I will assign copyright of all material I write for you once I receive full payment of your due fee. The copyright for any work I deliver remains my property until all fees due to me have been paid.
- If you supply me with any copyrighted material as part of a brief, you confirm that you are authorised to send me that material for either reference or to form part of new work. Whilst I will make every effort to not breach any copyright, you agree to indemnify me against any direct or indirect action that may arise as a result of using this content.
- I reserve the right to use selected extracts of my work for the purpose of self promotion or advertising, unless, as a prior agreement, you have specifically asked me not to do so. I may approach you for a non-obligatory testimonial after the project is completed to your satisfaction.
- I take no responsibility for the material and how it is used once you have approved the final draft. Once payment has been received, you are permitted to use the material in any method or medium you wish.
- I have high standards and make every effort to proofread and fact check any work submitted. There are no guarantees, however, that all submitted work will be free of any typographical, grammatical or factual errors.
- You agree to proof read any material I submit to you and indemnify me against any costs that may arise from the appearance of any errors in any printed or published form.
- Whilst I will do my best to ensure that my work complies with the law, it will be your responsibility to submit all copy for legal review.
- If a project is urgent and requires me to shuffle other jobs around or work outside normal hours, a 25% rush loading may apply.
Search Engine Optimisation
- Due to the dynamic nature of search engines’ algorithms, I offer no guarantees regarding the performance of sites based on the content I provide.
- I accept no responsibility, liability or costs incurred for any conduct implemented by yourself that does not concur with or conform to the individual guidelines of each individual search engine.
- I accept no responsibility or liability for any actions taken by yourself that cause your website to be penalised or banned from any search engine.
Claims and Liabilities
- Any claim by you as to incorrect performance or breach of these terms and conditions must be made to myself in writing within seven days of delivery.
- You agree to indemnify and to hold myself harmless against any and all claims, costs, and expenses, including solicitors fees, due to materials included in any work undertaken at the request of yourself.
- I will not be liable in any way for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential losses or damages resulting from use of services including but not limited to: loss of data and other intangibles; costs or damages resulting from or related to any services purchased or obtained; resulting from unauthorised access to, or alteration of your transmissions or data.
- Any imposed liability shall be limited to resupply of information or services.
That’s it. If you have any questions, please get in touch. I look forward to working with you!
Last updated March 2014